NTPC | Diploma Trainee Exam Pattern
National Thermal Power Corporation conducts the exam for the recruitment of Diploma Trainees in different fields. The pattern of trainee exam in this post will help you to prepare systematically for NTPC recruitment exam.
NTPC Diploma Trainee written test pattern:
NTPC written test consists of a two hour paper with objective type questions. The paper has two parts: Technical & Aptitude. While the questions of Aptitude test is common, questions of the Technical test would depend on which among the four disciplines (Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, C&I) you belong to.
Part-I (Technical) of NTPC Written test paper consists of 68 & Part-II (Aptitude) consists of 32 objective type questions. Thus there are 100 total questions to be answered in 120 minutes.
Note: There is negative marking: 1/4th mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. So be careful while choosing the answer.
For Aptitude test, the questions asked are of type Test of reasoning, data interpretation.
NTPC PAPER : 2007 AT NEW DELHI :
It constitutes of 170 questions (120 Tech + 50 Aptitude)
Time : 2 Hrs
For tech part the syllabus is same as of the GATE and for Aptitude Part R. S. Aggarwal is more than sufficient. As time duration is very short so time management is very important.
APTITUDE SECTION :
For this section no special attention is required only rs aggarwal is enough and it also has easy level of English section.
TECHNICAL SECTION :
For this section u have to b good in the basics. No hard question were asked but u should b careful about your time . It has also some part of very basic general knowledge. The questions were from following topics
10-12 Questions about microprocessor(8085)
3 Questions about RS232 standard
7-10 Questions of GK
4-6 Questions on opamp
10-15 Questions on Digital Communications
2-5 Questions on microwaves
15-20 Questions on Analog Devices
20-23 Questions on Digital Electronics (flip flops,gates,mux,no system etc)
1 Questions on ISO OSI Model
5-8 Questions on Control System
10-12 Questions on Signals and their Processing
AND SOME QUESTIONS ON PASSAGES & LIKE
2. Word meaning based (antonym and synonyms) fetter, fester, lucid, anomaly, elucidate etc
3. Word analogy based
4. What is a tunnel diode
5. What is a Zener diode
6. Effect of + and – feedback on stability
7. Composition of gobar gas
8. Function of differential in the vehicle
9. Function of stack register
10. Fun of instruction pointer
11. Fun of rst6.5,7.5
12. Wht is an interrupt
13. Output vtg calc on op amp
14. How a pulse train can b generated using registers
15. Conversion of oct to hex,hex to binary
16. Fun of quantizer in pcm
17. Why fm is less prone to noise
18. Fun of limiter in detection of FM
19. What is envelop detector
20. Phase shift of 1/s^2
21. Signal limited to 1000 hz sampled at nyquist rate. quantizer has 128 level .calculate the bit rate of the system.
22. 1.5 V battery supply same power to R1 and R2 separately(R1>R2).calc the internal resistance of battery
23. A wire is cut in two halves. one half is again stretched to th twice of length .calc the resistance.