The type of questions asked in this question bank is on the same pattern generally followed in exam.
1. The two sides of a right triangle containing the right angle measure 3 cm and 4 cm. The radius of the incircle of the triangle is
A. 3.5 cm
B. 1.75 cm
D. 0.875 cm
2. The distance between the tops of two trees 20 m and 28 m high is 17 m. The horizontal distance between the trees is
C. l5 m
D. 3l m
3. A 25 m long ladder is placed against vertical wall inside a room such that the foot of the ladder is 7 m from the foot of the wall. lf the top of the ladder slides 4 m downwards, then the foot of the ladder will slide by
A. 2 m
B. 4 m
C. 8 rn
D. 16 m
4. If two diameters of a circle intersect each other at right angles, then the quadrilateral formed by joining their end points is a
5. Of all the chords of a circle passing through given point in it, the smallest is that which
A, Is trisected at the point
B. Is bisccted at the point
C. Passes through the centre
D. None of these
6 If the system 2x + 3y - 5 = 0, 4x + ky - l0 = 0
has an infinite number of solutions, then
A. k= 3/2
B. k is not equal to 3/2
C. k is not equal to 6
D. k = 6
7. In covering a distance of 30 km, Amit takes 2 hours more than Suresh. If Amit doubles his speed, then he would take 1 hour less than Suresh. Amit`s speed is
A. 5 kmph
B. 7.5 kmph
C, 6 kmph
D. 6.25 kmph
8. What least number must be subtracted from each of the numbers I4, I7, 34 and 42 so that the remainders may be proportional?
9. In a mixture of 60 liters the ratio of milk and water is 2 : 1. If this ratio is to be 1: 2, then the quantity of water (in liters) to be further added is
10. The ratio of the length of a rod and its shadow is I :\/3. The angle of elevation of the sun is
11. The length of a rectangle is increased by 60%. By what percent would the width be decreased so as to maintain the same area?
12. A rectangular carpet has an area of 60 mg. Its diagonal and longer side together equal 5 times the shorter side. The length of the carpet is
A. 5 m
B. 12 m
D). 14.5 m
13. The opposite pairs of sides of' a square are increased by 40% and 30% respectively. The area of the resulting rectangle exceeds the area of the square by
14. The length of a rope by which a cow must be tethered in order that it may be able to graze an area of 9856 sq. metres is
A. 56 m
B. 64 m
C. 88 m
D. 68 m
15. How many bricks, each measuring 24 cm x 1.5 cm x 8 cm, will be needed to construct a wall 8 m long, 6 m high and 23 cm wide while 5% of the total wall contains mortar?
16. The dimensions of an open box are 52 cm x 40 cm x 29 cm. Its thickness is 2 cm. lf 1 cucm of metal used in the box weighs 0.5 g then the weight of the box is
A. 6.832 kg
B. 7.576 kg
C. 7.76 kg
D. 8.56 kg
17. How many metres of cloth 2.5 m wide will be needed to make a conical tent with base radius 7 m and height 24 m?
A. 120 m
18. A society of 356 voters has to choose a President. 5 candidates are seeking office. If all the voters exercise their votes. then what is the least number of votes that a successful candidate could receive and yet have more votes than any other candidate?
19. Gunjan went to the stationers and bought things worth Rs. 25, out of which 30 paise went on sales tax on taxable purchases. If the tax rate was 6 percent , then what was the cost of the tax free items?
A. Rs. l5
B. Rs. 20
C. Rs. 15.70
D. Rs. 19.70
20. In an examination, there were 100 boys and 900 girls. 50% of the boys and 40% till the girls passed the examination. The percentage of candidate’s failed is
21. A discount series ol` 10%. 20% and 40% is equal to a equal to a single discount of
22. The price of cooking oil has increased by 25%. The percentage of reduction that at family should effect in the use of cooking oil so as not to change its expenditure on cooking oil is
23. Two men undertake to as a piece of work for Rs.200. One alone can do it in days and the other in 8 days. With the help of a boy, they finish it in 3 days. How much is the share of the boy?
A. Rs. 45
B. RS. 40
C. Rs. 30
D. Rs. 25
24 Two pipes A and B can fill a tank, in 20 and 30 minutes respectively. If both the pipes are used together, then how long will it take to fill the tank?
A. 50 minutes
B. I2 minutes
C. 25 minutes
25. A grocer bought 10 kg of apples for Rs. 81 out of which one kg were found rotten. lf he wishes to make a profit of 10%, then he should sell it at per kg.
A. Rs. 9.00
B. Rs. 9.90
C. Rs. 10.10
D. Rs. 10.20
26. Sixteen cylindrical cans, each with a radius of unit, are placed inside a cardboard box four in a row. If the cans touch the adjacent cans and/or the walls of the box, then which of the following could be the interior area of the bottom of the box in square units?
27. An express train travelled at an average speed of l00 kilometres per hour, stopping for 3 minutes after every 75 kilometres. How long did it take to reach its .destination 600
kilometres from the starting point?
A. 6 hr. 21 min.
B. 6 hr. 24 min.
C. 6 hr. 30 min.
D. 6 hr. 27 min.
28. Two cars are travelling along the same road. The first one, which travels at the rate of 30 kmph, starts 6 hours ahead of the second one, which travels at the rate of 50 kmph. How long will it take the second ear to catch up with the first one?
A. 6 hours
B. 9 hours
D. 15 hours
29. The sum of the 6th and the 15th elements of an arithmetic progression is equal to the sum of the 7th, 10th and 12th elements of the same progression. Then which element of the • series should necessarily he equal to zero?
D. None of the above
30. In a 800 m race, around a stadium having the circumference of 200 m, the top runner meets the last runner on the 5th minute of the race. If the top runner runs at twice the speed of the last runner, then what is the time taken by the top runner to finish the race?
A. 20 min
B. I5 min
C. l0 min
D. 5 min