1. Which is the largest airport in the world?
(A) Singapore Airport
(B) The Kaulalumpur International Airport
(C) Heathrow at London
(D) The King Khalid airport at Saudi Arabia
2. Prithvi is a?
(A) Surface-to-air missile
(B) Surface-to-surface missile
(C) Air-to-surface missile
(D) Air-to-air missile
3. At the end of 2001, the Indian government approved the cultivation of B. T. Cotton. Which multinational company is the major beneficiary of this deci sion?
(D) All of these
4. The World Literacy Day is celebrated on?
(A) 8th September
(B) 5th June
(C) 15th August
(D) 5th September
5. Which was the first University to be established in the world?
(A) Harvard University
(B) Nalanda University
(C) Oxford University
(D) None of these
6. The speed of light will be minimum while passing through?
7. Which of the following chemicals has been recently allowed by the government of India to be mixed with petrol?
8. What is the name of the instrument used to measure blood pressure?
9. Who was the Prime Minister of England when India got independence?
10. Which, among the following, would you consider a historical source?
(C) Rock paintings
(D) Census reports
11. What is not correct about a soft loan?
1. It is a loan bearing no rate of interest
2. It has an interest rate which is above the true cost of the capital lent
3. The world bank gives soft loans to developing countries for long-term capital
(B) Only 2
(D) 1 and3
12. Which is the only historical monument which can be seen by
the naked eyes from the moon?
(A) The Leaning Tower of Pisa
(B) The Pyramids of Egypt
(C) The Statue of Liberty, NewYork
(D) The Great Wall of China
13. Formal services of Credit do not include?
(A) Self-help groups
14. The most common route for investments by MNCs in countries around the world is to?
1. Set up new factories
2. Buy existing local companies
3. Form partnerships with local companies
4. Invest in companies with low turn over
(A) 1,3 and 4
(D) All of the above
15. How many faces are there in an octahedron?
16. Night-blindness is caused by lackof which vitamin?
(A) Vitamin A
(B) Vitamin B
(C) Vitamin C
(D) Vitamin D
17. The most abundant element in Earth’s atmosphere is?
18. The breadth of the railway broadgauge is approximately?
(B) 1.88 m
(D) 1.33 m
19. Which is the richest soil among the following?
(A) Black soil
(B) Red soil
(C) Laterite soil
(D ) Alluvial soil
20. Sun rises in the east and sets in the west due to the?
(A) shape of earth
(B) revolution of earth around the sun
(C) rotation of earth on its axis
(D) movements of the sun
21. A person of which of the following blood group can receive blood of any group?
22. Evergreen type of forests are found in?
(A) Equatorial climate
(B) Monsoon climatic region
(C) Desert regions
(D) Mediterranean region
23. What is the other name for River Gangas?
24. The earth is?
(D) Pralate spheroid
25. Which of the following set can not enter into the list of fundamental quantities in any system of units?
(A) Length, mass and velocity
(B) Length, time and velocity
(C) Mass, time and velocity
(D) Length, time and mass
26 Which of the following is / are the main agents of soil erosion?
(A) Wind and water
(D) High temperature and humidity
27. Who is the Minister of Agriculture of India?
(A) Sharad Pawar
(B) Ran Vilas Paswan
(C) Shiv Raj Patil
(D) None of these
28. Monsoon is caused by?
(A) Revolution of Earth
(B) Movement of Clouds
(C) Seasonal reversal of the winds
(D) Larger change in amplitude of seasonal cycle of land temperature
29. Which is the last letter of the Greek alphabet?
30. Which is the birth place of Hitler?
31. Who elects President of India?
(A) Lock Sabha
(B) Rajya Sahha
(C) People of India
(D) Parliament and State Assemblies
32. Which country is called the ‘Land of Cakes’?
33. Which of the following books is not written by Kalidas?
(D) Pushpavan Vikasam
34. In India, the Chief Minister of a State is not eligible to vote in the
Presidential elections if?
(A) he himself is a candidate
(B) he is yet to prove his majority in the State legislature
(C) he is a member of the upper house of the State legislature
(D) he is a caretaker Chief Minister
35. When can the Speaker exercise his right to vote in the house?
(A) Whenever he desires
(B) Whenever the house desires
(C) In the event of equality of votes
(D) Whenever his party directs
36. which of the following is not a cash crop?
37. Which TV channel has been in the news for its coverage of the
Bin Laden crisis, especially for having carried out the broadcast
of Osama Bin Laden to audiences in West Asia?
(A) Star Asia
(B) B. B. C. Asia
(C) Al Jazeera
(D) Khaleed Times
38. The oldest monarchy in the world is that of?
(B) U. K.
39. Who was Karl Marx’s main collaborator on his famous works?
(A) V.I. Lenin
(B) Max Weber
(C) Fredrick Engels
(D) Joseph Stalin
40. Which is the first Asian country to host the Commonwealth
(A) South Korea